Amazon’s Firestick is a digital media streaming device. The device is part of the family of devices under the banner of Fire TV. It isAmazon’s play in delivering entertainment to the living room.
Firestick is no bigger than an average-sized USB thumb drive but more capable than its size. It plays smart apps that you can download through the Fire TV app store. The app store features hundreds of apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and even BT Sport on Firestick.
It gives Firestick the ability to stream from a variety of sources, such as through BTSport app on Firestick. You can easily watch your favorite movies andTV shows and even Live TV.
Read on as we explain how to install BT Sport on Firestick.
How to Install BT Sport App on Firestick
BT Sport is a cable network that provides sports enthusiasts the fuel they need. It streams the latest sports right onto to your device. The great thing is that you don’t need a TV to enjoy all the latest sports action, pick any major device and BT Sport will work just fine, that includes BT Sport on Firestick.
Don’t know how to watch BT Sport on Fire Stick? Let us help you!
Follow the steps below:
- Launch Fire TV
- From the Home Screen head into the Apps section
- Type “BT TV App” in the search bar icon
- Hit on download from the app page
- Once the download is complete, launch the BT TV from your app list
BT TV is a paid channel. You will need to subscribe first in order to gain access to the content. Once you’ve connected BT TV with your account, head over to the Sports section to watch all the latest entertainment.
How to Watch Live Sport on Firestick 2018
BT Sport is one of the leading channels in the UnitedKingdom. It’s part of the BT Group that is a telecommunications giant in the region.
It’s a paid channel, it requires a subscription to grant you access. The great thing about BT Sports is that not only does it offer cable subscription, you can also watch the channel over the internet. BT TV offers live stream over the internet, it also includes BT Sport on Fire Stick, making BT TV a complete package for entertainment enthusiasts.
The live stream can be used to your advantage if you reside out of the United Kingdom. With the power of VPN, you can spoof your location by switching to the United Kingdom and watch BT Sport on Firestick.
FastestVPN features 150+ servers which include servers based in the United Kingdom. All you have to do is subscribe to BT TV and FastestVPN. Then launch FastestVPN, connect with the United Kingdom server, and launch the BT TV / BTSport app on Firestick and watch live sports easily.
Watch BT Sport on Amazon Fire TV through Kodi
As we mentioned, Fire TV/Firestick is a digital media streaming device that features hundreds of apps. One such compatible app Kodi.
Kodi is a media streaming software. It hosts a large collection of add-ons that includes app like Netflix, Youtube, and more. But because Kodi is an open-source software build on Android, it features an even larger library of add-ons created by Kodi community.
We can load BT Sport on Fire Stick to watch live sports. But first, we need to install Kodi on Fire TV/Firestick. We will cover how to install BT Sports app on Firestick later, but first, we need to download and install Kodi:
- From the Home Screen, go to Settings
- Then navigate to Device > Developer Options
- Locate the Developer Options setting and enable it
Now the Fire TV/Firestick is ready to install apps from outside of official source, you can push the BT Sports app on Fire Stick.
- Search for Downloader app from the app store
- Launch the Downloader app once it’s installed
- Insert this link in the URL field https://kodi.tv/download
- On the next screen, pick the version of Kodi that’s compatible with your Fire TV / Firestick. Pick 32-bit if you have the first-generation Fire TV / Firestick and 64-bit if newer generation.
- Now you will have the option to choose between “release” and “nightly” build. The difference is that the former is a final build and the latter is the latest working-in-progress build. Go for the release version as it’s not likely to cause problems.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to confirm the installation. The page will show you all the permissions Kodi will require on your Firestick. Accept all of them in order to play BT Sports app on Firestick.
Now that Kodi is installed, it’s time to prepare BT Sport on Firestick. Follow these steps:
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Add-ons
- Click on the package installer icon
- Select Install from Repository
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository
- Go to Video Add-ons
- Now scroll and find BT Sport Video
- Hit Install
- Wait for the notification to pop up depicting add-on installation
- Go back to the home screen and you will find the add-on under video add-ons.
- Click on BT Sports Video and that’s it! Now you can watch BT sport on Firestick via Kodi.
Conclusion – BT Sport Firestick
That covers our how to install BT Sport on Firestick guide. BT Sport on Firestick is a great way to watch the latest sports action right from the comfort of your favorite device. Kodi has several add-ons that range from providing the latest movies, music, TV shows, Live TV, anime, and more. As you continue to watch BT on Firestick using Kodi, you can try exploring other add-ons.
Kodi works on most devices and setting it up is not difficult. Just follow the steps we’ve explained above and you can easily install BT Sport on Firestick.