Despite chilly winds and extremely cold temperatures, Olympics fanatics are to gather for a treat at the PyeongChang Olympic Stadium. Winter Olympics will kick off on the 9th of February 2018 in South Korea with the final closing ceremony on the 25th of February 2018. Whether the fans are at the venue or not, they can enjoy the Winter Olympics 2018 Opening Ceremony and the rest of the exciting events lined up with lots of twists and turns. While ticket holder watches it upfront, you can enjoy it at the comfort of your home on any of your device with Kodi. Here are a few ways of streaming Olympics on Kodi for free without any subscription fee.
If you live stream Olympics on Kodi using third-party add-ons, there’s a fair chance that you may get a DMCA notice. Play it safe and Use FastestVPN to watch Olympics anonymously!Get FastestVPN
- Event Date: 9 – 25 February 2018
- Event: Winter Olympics
- Location: PyeongChang Olympic Stadium, PyeongChang, South Korea
- 1 Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi (Kodi 17 to Kodi 17.6 Krypton)
- 1.1 Official Kodi Add-ons To Watch Olympics On Kodi
- 1.2 Unofficial Kodi Add-ons To Watch Olympics On Kodi
- 1.3 Proceedings of The Night – Schedule
- 1.4 Best Add-ons for streaming Olympics on Kodi
- 1.5 Best Kodi Add-on for streaming Olympics: iPlayer WWW (official)
- 1.6 Best Kodi Add-on for Streaming Olympics: Boom Repository (Unofficial)
- 1.7 Channels for Your Region to Watch Winter Olympics 2018
- 1.8 Watch Winter Olympics on Firestick
- 1.9 A Few Visuals Before The Show Begins
Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi (Kodi 17 to Kodi 17.6 Krypton)
There are official and unofficial add-ons for Kodi where you can stream Olympics on Kodi. We have a guide for one the best from each.
Official Kodi Add-ons To Watch Olympics On Kodi
- iPlayer WWW
- Zattoo Box
- SportsNet Now
Unofficial Kodi Add-ons To Watch Olympics On Kodi
- Boom Add-on
- The Loop
Livestream Olympics on Kodi without worrying about geo-restrictions. Use FastestVPN to stream with complete internet freedom and privacy!
Proceedings of The Night – Schedule
Catch your favorite athletes with exemplary performances on Kodi for free. Follow the schedule and set up your Kodi paired with FastestVPN, accordingly.
The ceremony is to follow the schedule extracted for you below. It is the same as the Sochi Winter Olympics that commenced 4 years ago.
- Entry by the head of state
- Playing of the national anthem
- Parade of participants
- Symbolic release of doves
- Head of state declares the Games open
- Raising the Olympic flag
- The Olympic oath is taken by an athlete, official, and coach
- The Olympic flame and the torch relay
- The artistic program (or rather the big show!!)
Best Add-ons for streaming Olympics on Kodi
If you are in the States then watching winter Olympics online for free is a non-issue. You can watch it on NBC as it broadcasts the XXIII Winter Olympics on its official website and via its sports app.
On the other hand, if you’re in the United Kingdom and you possess a TV license, you can watch winter Olympics 2018 on BBC iPlayer. It is the official broadcaster for games and it may ask you to register for free to be able to watch it, but it is a one-time thing that lets you enjoy it anywhere and everywhere from there onwards. You can watch it on your phone, tablet, web browser, TV, gaming console and more.
If you’re anywhere outside of US and UK, however, then you cannot access this content from abroad. You need the US or UK IP to be able to do so. Unblock the unnecessary geo-restrictions with FastestVPN and watch winter Olympics online securely, seamlessly and freely.
Alternatively, you can watch winter Olympics opening ceremony on Kodi VPN and get an add-on that sticks till the end.
Best Kodi Add-on for streaming Olympics: iPlayer WWW (official)
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Add-ons
- Now go to ‘Downloads’
- Select Video Add-ons
- Then scroll down to iPlayer WWW
- Click Install
- Now go back to home screen and go to Add-ons
- Select Video Add-ons
- Click the iPlayer WWW Kodi Add-on
- And enjoy!
You now have BBC channels lined up in front of you that let you watch Olympics on Kodi. If you are outside of UK though, you will be notified with ‘BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only’.
Not to worry though, with FastestVPN you can unblock any geo-restrictions and smoothly watch winter Olympics on Kodi.
Best Kodi Add-on for Streaming Olympics: Boom Repository (Unofficial)
- Launch Kodi
- Select Settings Icon
- Navigate to File Manager
- Double click on Add Source (right side)
- Click the bar that says ‘None’
- Enter the link ‘http://burrtv.tech/boom/repo/’
- Click OK
- Name the source as ‘Boom Repo’
- Click OK again
- Return to the main menu
- Click on Add-ons
- Click on the Packages Installer Icon (top left corner)
- Select Install from Zip File
- Click on Boom Repository
- Select repository.boom-1.5.zip
- Wait for the ‘Add-on enabled’ notification to pop up.
- Go back to Add-ons
- Select Install from Repository
- Click on ‘Boom!’ Repository
- Click Video Add-ons
- From the options given, select ‘BOOM’
- Click ‘Install’
- Wait for the “Add-on Enabled” notification to pop up again
- To open the add-on, go back to home screen
- Click on Add-ons
- Go to Video Add-ons
- Select Boom
Channels for Your Region to Watch Winter Olympics 2018
|Canada||CBC / Radio-Canada Bell Media Rogers Media|
|United Kingdom||BBC Eurosport|
|Europe||Discovery Communications Eurosport|
|Middle East||BeIN Sports|
Watch Winter Olympics on Firestick
You can Watch Winter Olympics on Firestick too by simply installing Kodi on FireStick device. Follow the same steps as above on your FireStick device too. Watch Winter Olympics 2018 with security via Fastest VPN for FireStick.
A Few Visuals Before The Show Begins
Let’s talk about the achievements of the winners and the statues that symbolize the event this year.
If you’re curious to see what the medal looks like, below is a picture showing what they look like. Lee Suk-Woo is the designer of the medal that is the motivation of athletes who have put in hours of hard work and dedication their entire life. These medals will bring them good luck and remind them of how it was all worth it for all the years to come.
The official mascot for this year’s Olympics is a White Tiger, Soohorang. This is because it is a symbol of trust, strength, and protection in Korean mythology and culture.
While the city PyeongChang in South Korea is a winter wonderland, the champion athletes showcase their talent each one raising the bar for the next contender. Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi for free. Make sure to configure it with FastestVPN so you can overcome geo-restrictions and enjoy the Olympics securely, impeccably and freely.