Twitter is easily the ultimate media sharing platform known across the globe for its ease of use, and outlandish posts, which are virtually available to everyone. However, those who use social media sites would know that your online privacy and security is never secure. Thus our guide on how to delete your twitter account should help you in that regard.
Stream Unrestricted with FastestVPN
Note: At FastestVPN, we know how important internet security means to you, which is why our service are 100% committed to providing only the best security features and granting you absolute anonymity while online. Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption ensures that your data is always protected from hackers or third-party websites. All FastestVPN packages come with a free 15-day money-back guarantee as well, so you are sure to never go wrong.
Get VPN For Streaming
Is Twitter really safe?
Twitter is, by all means, safe to use. However, those who ever use social media websites would know that they aren’t exactly privacy-friendly, and also make your online data vulnerable to external threats by hackers or other cybercrimes. In fact, hackers and other third party sites can learn a lot about you just by reading your tweets.
Download Your Twitter Archive First (step by step guide)
Your Twitter archive is where all your Tweets, information, and contact description ends up going. Deleting Twitter means you shall not be able to access this information for future use. For this reason, we added this section to help you download your Twitter archive as easily as possible.
- Firstly, head over to the twitter website and log in with your username and password.
- Click on your profile picture, which is in the top right-hand corner of your screen, and then head to settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the option to request your archive.
- After a few days, twitter shall then notify you that they have received your request, and you shall get a notification through email that your archive is ready to be downloaded.
What Twitter Knows About You
As we all know, Twitter is not exactly considered privacy-friendly. Furthermore, twitter servers are widely known across the globe for gathering a vast range of information about you.
Some of this information may include:
- Your necessary account info, including your name, password, email address, and phone number.
- Twitter is also allowed to retain all contact information on you as well.
- Any queries or messages sent to the team is also recorded for future use.
- If you tweet from your phone, then it is a known fact that Twitter can log your location at any time.
- There is a reason Twitter’s strict policy tells you not to share your credit card details or billing address, and the reason being that if shared publicly, Twitter can also store this data if it so chooses.
- Moreover, not to forget that cookies and third party links also play a vital role in recording or using your data.
However, what does twitter do with all this data? The answer is simple they use it to send you targeted advertisements, which disrupts your user experience.
How to Delete Twitter
The overall process of deleting twitter is not that difficult. In fact, our team has stated, the process is no longer than these 5 easy steps:
- Open Twitter on your device to log in using your password and username.
- From the top-right hand corner of your screen, click your profile picture then “Settings”.
- Then near the end of the page, click to deactivate your account.
- Carefully read the information on this page before proceeding to deactivate.
- Confirm your deletion by entering your password and proceed to “Deleting your Twitter account“.
- And your all set no hidden commitments or added costs.
Note: Use FastestVPN after you are done deleting twitter to ensure your online privacy game remains strong regardless of what country you originated.
Protect Your Internet Privacy
If you are looking to go the extra mile, after deleting your Twitter, we suggest you subscribe to FastestVPN. You instantly receive a huge number of features like NAT Firewall protection, Adblocking capability, malware protection, 256 AES- Bit encryption, Wi-Fi security and much much more. Moreover, none of these features come at any extra costs.
We have also listed some of the payment packages for your ease;
1 Month Package:
- Billed $10 Monthly
3 Year Package:
- Billed $39.95 Triennially
- Save up to 89% percent when availing this package.
1 Year Package:
- Billed $29.95 Annually
5 Year Package:
- Billed every 60 months
- Save up to 92% when availing this package
All packages also offer all the same features and come with an easy 15-day money-back guarantee.
Now that you made it to the end of our blog, there are still a few things after you finished deleting Twitter.
Firstly, Twitter is still able to retain your data for up to 30 days even after deleting your account. The reason being, if you decide to change your mind and reactivate your account. Secondly, for those who are simply looking to change your username, you don’t need to delete your account; just head to the settings page, the option should be available. Finally, all tweets posted on your Twitter page may still be available for others to view a few days after deleting Twitter.