For all new and existing torrenteers who are on the constant hunt to find a road to safe torrenting – this blog will land them on the right path. A simple solution to all torrenteers problems is a connection to the Best VPN for torrenting. Get yourself a torrent VPN that lets you torrent not only privately, but securely too!
- 1 Best VPN for Torrenting Anonymously
- 2 Best VPN for Torrenting: Speed, Security, and No IP Leaks
- 2.1 Should You Use Free VPN for Torrenting?
- 2.2 What is a P2P-friendly VPN?
- 2.3 How Does Using FastestVPN Make P2P Safer?
- 2.4 Advantages and disadvantages of P2P file sharing
- 2.5 What is Torrenting?
- 2.6 How does Torrent work?
- 3 Torrenting without a VPN and copyright violations
- 3.1 Your torrent activity is being published
- 3.2 How can I get caught while Torrenting?
- 3.3 What Happens If I Get Caught?
- 3.4 Is torrenting safe with a VPN?
- 3.5 Why hide your IP address with a VPN when torrenting?
- 3.6 How to Download Torrent Without Getting Caught
- 3.7 Why You Need VPN for Torrenting?
- 3.8 Is Torrenting Legal and Ethical?
- 4 Best VPN for Torrenting and P2P File Sharing
- 4.1 VPN Clients:
- 4.2 Torrent Websites that you shouldn’t visit without a VPN
- 4.3 How do I Torrent using a VPN?
- 4.4 Torrenting on Windows using a VPN
- 4.5 Torrenting on iOS using a VPN
- 4.6 Torrenting on Android using a VPN
- 4.7 Torrenting on Mac using a VPN
- 4.8 Popular Torrent Websites
- 4.9 What is P2P File Sharing?
- 4.10 What is a Torrent Tracker?
- 5 Torrent using a VPN vs Torrent using a Proxy
- 5.1 Torrenting with a VPN vs torrenting with a Seedbox – which one is better?
- 5.2 How to Determine which one is better – VPN or Seedbox?
- 5.3 VPN for Torrent Pros and Cons
- 5.4 Seedbox for Torrent Pros and Cons
- 5.5 How to check if I am protected using a VPN for torrent?
- 5.6 Avoid Leaks – Stay Secure
- 5.7 Avoid free VPNs For Torrenting
- 5.8 What’s the difference between BitTorrent and uTorrent? How does a VPN work with them?
- 5.9 We have a table to graphically distinguish differences for BitTorrent and uTorrent:
- 5.10 Can Comcast still track my torrent downloading even if I am using a torrent VPN?
- 5.11 Bottom Line
Best VPN for Torrenting Anonymously
Finding a VPN which is actually what it claims to be, isn’t easy.
FastestVPN, amongst many in the industry, is one VPN service that certainly gives your privacy, security, anonymity and complete immunity in terms of internet history as it keeps zero logs itself.
A torrenteer already knows the protocol to go over when choosing a VPN for torrenting. However, to refresh everyone’s memory, let’s go over the most important steps.
- Speed – Get a VPN that you are certain wont lag when you download large files. FastestVPN being equipped with P2P optimized servers for large file sharing is proof that it is competent for all your torrenting needs.
- Torrenting Policy – You need a VPN which supports torrenting. Free VPN penalize its users and ban torrenting. In this process, it limits the internet freedom of the user and kills the sole purpose of why people need a VPN in the first place.
How to choose the Best VPN for Anonymous and Private Torrenting?
Not all VPN support torrenting. Such is the issue that either the speed is too slow or they ban the process altogether. This limits internet freedom which is what the user was frustrated about in the first place.
Such is not the issue with FastestVPN. It has a clearly laid out policy. It provides P2P optimized servers for large file sharing, it offers the best security with strong encryption so you always have a secure connection and can enjoy anonymous and private torrenting.
Most importantly, it also has internet kill switch which is super important as its function is to shut down internet connection, in case the VPN falls over.
Lastly, you also need a VPN which offers fast download speeds and one that wouldn’t throttle bandwidth speed. And all these point in the direction of FastestVPN – making it the best VPNs for torrenting!
Best VPN for Torrenting: Speed, Security, and No IP Leaks
With copyright infringement issues on the rise around the world, users are looking for the best VPN for torrenting to stay safe and secure at a stage where matters are escalating. Media companies run networks or monitoring nodes which in turn join torrent swarms to collect IP addresses & connection data of the torrenteer. You need a VPN which will keep you away from such trouble and make sure there are no leaks of your data packets to such prying eyes.
Being located in a good privacy jurisdiction, FastestVPN ensures no trouble will come your way today or ever as it can strictly abide by its no logs policy.
Should You Use Free VPN for Torrenting?
Well, the answer is: no. A free VPN for torrenting is nothing but a trap. While it may let you overcome geo-restrictions, everything beyond that are just a deep pit hole of disadvantages. Here are some of the common troubles that a user has to face in the event that they mistakenly decide to use a free VPN for torrenting:
- Data leaks – according to stats, 84% of free VPNs for torrenting leak your IP address
- Tracking – more than often free VPNs include hidden tracking libraries and sell your data for their own benefit.
- Malware – Majority of the VPNs have tested positive for malware. FastestVPN does the opposite providing malware protection as one of its main features.
- Stolen Bandwidth – Some VPNs cleverly even work their way around stealing your bandwidth which is then resold to third parties at a profit.
The bottom line is that getting a free VPN for torrenting will cost you more than just money which is why it is strongly discouraged. If you are tight on budget, get one of FastestVPN’s affordable deals or go for their exclusive offer for the season. That will save you some big bucks while keeping your connection extremely fast and secure.
The guide we’ve pieced together for you is quite extensive. Refer to the index below to jump between points that interest you the most.
- Best VPN for Torrenting Table of Content
- What is Torrenting?
- How does Torrent work?
- How can I get caught while torrenting?
- What Happens If I Get Caught?
- How to Download Torrent Without Getting Caught
- Why You Need VPN for Torrenting?
- Is Torrenting Legal and Ethical?
- Best VPN for Torrenting and P2P File Sharing
- VPN Clients
- Torrent Websites that you shouldn’t visit without a VPN
- You can see ISP throttling in the form of
- How do I Torrent using a VPN?
- To connect to FastestVPN you need to
- Torrenting on Windows using a VPN
- Torrenting on iOS using a VPN
- Method 1: Torrent Clients – ITransmission
- Method 2: Web-Based Services
- Torrenting on Android using a VPN
- Tips for Torrenting
- Popular Torrent Websites
- What is P2P File Sharing?
- What is a Torrent Tracker?
- Torrent using a VPN vs Torrent using a Proxy
- Torrenting with a VPN vs torrenting with a Seedbox – which one is better?
- How to connect to FastestVPN
- How to Determine which one is better – VPN or Seedbox?
- VPN for Torrent Pros and Cons
- Seedbox for Torrent Pros and Cons
- How to check if I am protected using a VPN for Torrent?
- Avoid Leaks – Stay Secure
- What’s the difference between BitTorrent and uTorrent? How does a VPN work with them?
What is a P2P-friendly VPN?
After you’ve had a clear understanding of what peer to peer file sharing is, you must be wondering what is the best P2P friendly VPN? FastestVPN is by far the ultimate torrenting friendly service due to its optimized P2P servers and with up to 99.9% uptime what more could you possibly ask for. This essentially adds up to meaning that using FastestVPN allows you to download your favorite content in high-definition and with ultra-fast speed.
Note: FastestVPN also has an unlimited bandwidth option, which means you can download or upload, as many torrent files as you please without the fear of maxing out your bandwidth limit.
How Does Using FastestVPN Make P2P Safer?
Keeps you protected from bandwidth throttling
Using FastestVPN guarantees that your ISP can not detect which files you are sharing. Due to this unique feature, you’re able to avoid the hassle of bandwidth throttling and other internet restrictions.
Secures your IP address
As the best VPN for torrenting FastestVPN is home to a vast range of features. However, perhaps the most significant of these features, as a VPN, is the ability to secure your web IP address. If you consider your IP address as your personal footprint online, you can see why it is so important to protect it. FastestVPN masks your IP address with a private one. This allows you to access geo-restricted content all over the globe.
Encrypts your online traffic
FastestVPN has a range of security features and military-grade encryption on all their servers, which means that cracking your data becomes near impossible with the military-grade AES 256-bit encryption in place; allowing you to send and receive data without any worries.
Advantages and disadvantages of P2P file sharing
Peer to Peer file sharing is the fastest and most convenient ways to share files with a large group of people, so it’s not surprising that they have more advantages than disadvantages.
Typically, a user would download a file from one server but with P2P, each user who downloads a file also becomes an uploader, making the process more efficient overall. File sharing has multiple valid and legal uses for example; It can be used in the public distribution of free for access data like open-source software, scientific data, government information sets, or public domain videos.
Moreover, P2P can be used for sharing large amounts of company data internally at no costs at all. Of course, P2P is not without its dangers and issues as well. The main problem you may encounter is that every device downloading or uploading a particular file on the same network can see each other’s IP addresses. Thus it is better to always be subscribed to FastestVPN, which ensures your online privacy remains in-tact.
What is Torrenting?
Just as the name suggests, Torrent is fast-moving file sharing over the internet. A torrent is a file that simply has the function of storing metadata that uTorrent and similar programs use to download data on the computer it’s being run on.
BitTorrent is a way, a method, to download files – a content distribution protocol – using a distributed P2P sharing system of large files being movies, TV shows, and other public domain videos. The users can in turn also serve as network redistribution points. Portions of a downloaded Torrent are thus enabled to be shared with other users who have only downloaded them partially so far.
Programs which are used to download files using the BitTorrent protocol are described as BitTorrent Clients. BitTorrent Clients use Torrent as a file extension compatible with BitTorrent file format. The Torrent files pertain text that calls attention to trackers to begin a download. Requesting clients download from distributors – leechers downloading from seeders.
Instead of sending a download to every requesting client (leecher), the distributor (seeder) sends it to one of the requesting clients who, then, in turn, share with other clients who stay connected to seed the completed torrent to other clients (leeches). This is explained as “swarming, scatter and gather” file transfer protocol. This method of distribution is gradually diminishing the need for large servers.
In summation, BitTorrent is speedy, swift, quick and easy method downloading! To make it faster and secure simultaneously; use VPN for torrenting that FastestVPN has to offer.
Online browsing and web activity is all accessible and traceable by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and other prying copyright tyrants who tend to specifically snoop around during and after downloading. This can be avoided with encryption, which is the exact function of a VPN. The constant worries of being watched are set free with the use of VPN for torrenting; which works to let you torrent anonymously thus comfortably.
Your journey to safe and encrypted internet starts with FastestVPN – best VPN for torrenting. Choose wisely, Choose secure, Choose Fastest Torrent VPN!
How does Torrent work?
The mechanism of torrenting, how files are transferred and downloaded, are all explained below. In short though, torrenting is done through torrent clients (BitTorrent), which is a method of downloading files.
BitTorrent Protocol differs from others uniquely as it distributes the file sharing across all the users who already have or are currently downloading a file. You do not need to download the whole file before you can start sharing as BitTorrent breaks apart the file into hundreds of small portions and distributes it such. Once you have downloaded at least one piece of the file, you can start sharing that piece by uploading it for other users who are currently downloading the data. This is exactly what contributes to BitTorrent’s attribute of being fast. The BitTorrent client starts sharing as soon as it downloads one portion of the file rather than waiting for the whole download to complete first.
To download files such as public domain videos and the rest aforementioned, you have to open a file with your BitTorrent client that uses the extension .torrent file. The torrent files have information articulated to convey to your BitTorrent client about where peers can be found who are sharing and downloading the file as well.
These files are not difficult to download. When you have a program which supports BitTorrent protocol, you are good to go. It can be a program or a web browser that is designed solely for the purpose of serving uTorrent. The .torrent file extension is registered on your system by your program so that all torrent links clicked on are added to the application automatically. If it is not routinely added then you can drag and drop torrent files to the application from the local system. This starts the download.
But before starting any downloading process, you must be connected to VPN for torrenting so you are anonymous and secure from prying eyes.
Frequently used are BitTorrent, Vuze, uTorrent VPN and more while running and downloading torrents. This makes the transfer safer under security protocols. FastestVPN has numerous clients being compatible for downloading and uploading torrents and thus it is deemed to be the best VPN for torrenting.
It’s not as complex as it may seem. Use one of the IP addresses provided by Fastest VPN and browse online anonymously, keeping your activity hidden. The VPN for torrenting doesn’t keep any logs. As per FastestVPN’s policy, we keep no logs at our end, so our clients are at ease and our service can be fully trusted. You can work confidently and share/download any data over our torrent VPN as we stay out of your matters. Fastest VPN is the cheap and best VPN for torrenting offering your highest speed, unlimited bandwidth and optimized performance – all while keeping your activity private and secure.
Torrenting without a VPN and copyright violations
It cannot be emphasized enough on the importance of torrenting. Eventually there does come a time where you are bound to get caught for torrenting, given the persistence with which copyright holders are on the lookout for even the slightest trace of torrenting activity.
There are some lucky torrenteers who go without protection for years and haven’t faced any consequences – yet. Given the recent trends and the high uproar about copyright violations, it is a little too much to hope to stay safe and be off the radar. And once caught the consequences of copyright infringement are quite serious, be it intentional or unintentional.
Other than the rapidly growing practice of blocking torrent websites, there are also many terrifying copyright infringement laws being introduced by the government. The example of such are as given below:
- Australia – Majority of the torrent websites are blocked in Australia, and the government is now on the move to shut down the remaining ones that are not already blocked. Though torrent TVPN will get you around all these restrictions, but the industry lawyers will now also be focusing on getting hands on as many copyright infringers as they can fining them up to $2000 per infringement. Only those with a VPN connection are sorted otherwise the rest have something coming their way.
- United States – The United States in the one to coin the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act). The penalties for the violations include the following:
- Up to $500,000 in fines and 5 years in jail (first offense)
- Up to $1,000,000 in fines and 10 years in jail (repeat offenders)
- United Kingdom – The United Kingdom is not behind in following such laws and regulation. The UK recently passed the Digital Economy Act which enforces an increase in prison sentence for copyright infringement for a maximum of 10 years.
We can see the following of such trends spreading throughout Europe as well, namely in Germany, Denmark and Austria.
Thus, no matter where you are, it is absolutely necessary to have a VPN for torrenting. You need the best VPN for torrenting in order to protect data from leaking and keeping all your traffic secure at every step of the way.
Your torrent activity is being published
You are easily traceable without a VPN shielding your identity and hiding your IP. If this wasn’t enough already, what makes it worse is that there are random groups which are now creating huge databases of torrenting activity. This is linked to your IP address which made available for everyone to see. There are existing websites which publicly publishes each torrent under the IP address of the user.
Owing to such websites, it has been made easier for copyright attorneys to target users. But this case only holds true for those who are without a VPN for torrenting. If you have gotten yourself the best VPN for torrenting, then you are hidden from the preying eye of the agents.
How can I get caught while Torrenting?
Stay off the radar with the VPN for torrenting because getting caught while torrenting is not unusual. You can easily get trapped by copyright agents. This trap is set by the agents themselves. They either create a fake torrent or monitor public torrent tracker. Once the copyright holder has gathered the IP of the pirate user, they will contact the Internet Service Provider.
The copyright holders have smartly partied up with the Internet Service providers for Copyright Alert System. They use this to send notices to customers who are downloading such material online.
Your ISP will now match the account holder with the IP address that they have gathered. Subsequently, they will then send a copyright alert to the customer.
However, if you use VPN for torrenting, you will easily escape all the privacy escapades that come with torrenting.
What Happens If I Get Caught?
Once you are caught and exposed, there are no heavy consequences initially. You will only get DMCA notices explaining to you what is legal to extract from the internet and what is not. If you take the warning seriously and stop, then you are off the leash.
However, if you do not stop this and stay on the same path after getting warnings for five to six times, then you will be under their radar and face consequences. The minor ones would be that your ISP might disconnect your internet connection temporarily. In serious cases, you would be liable to pay hefty fines. If matters get worse then the copyright agents can even file a case against you and take you to the court. You may be asked to pay speculative invoice (invoice by the copyright holders who demand the user to pay an amount for downloading copyrighted material without consent). In extreme scenarios though, the person in question would have to face jail time.
Not only is it stressful for you, but just imagine the how badly it ruptures your image for the rest of your life. To avoid this, you might want to take precautions so you can torrent without getting caught.
Is torrenting safe with a VPN?
Once you are using FastestVPN, one of the best VPN for torrenting, then your torrenting experience will indeed be a safe one. It is very risky and not smart at all to torrent without a VPN service.
A VPN service that makes a great torrent VPN has the following advantages out of the many:
- Hides real IP address and geographic location
- Adds an extra layer of security by encrypting your internet connection on every device you own
- Prevents your Internet Service Provider (ISP), corporations, governments, and other third parties from spying on your online activities
- Access blocked content that’s restricted to certain geographic locations
- Allows P2P file sharing safely
- Surf the internet with peace of mind
Get blanket protection for all the devices you own. Get 10 simultaneous connections with one FastestVPN account or use a router that can be configured with FastestVPN easily. A router configuration lets you protect all devices on the same network without the need to install FastestVPN app on each device you torrent with.
Why hide your IP address with a VPN when torrenting?
Often there is a misconception that associates piracy with torrenting. That is not true unless you are downloading copyrighted material – that counts as piracy which is theft.
If you are doing the latter with or without knowledge, and you get caught in the process, you are in for some trouble which may mean hefty fines or jail time.
All copyright agents monitor popular and trending torrents for the unique IP addresses of all the devices which connect to the swarm for file sharing. After this they match the IP addresses they extract with the internet service providers logs tracing them right to the customer. The copyright agent then sends a settlement letter or copyright violation to the torrenteer infringing the law through the ISP. The settlement letter is a demand for money and threat for legal action in case the user disagrees to pay.
Thus it makes it important for a torrenteer to use the best VPN for torrenting so it masks the real IP with that of a VPN server. Choose a VPN that’s log less, gives high speed, supports P2P file sharing – choose FastestVPN.
Note: You should never download torrent files without being connected to the VPN for torrenting.
How to Download Torrent Without Getting Caught
The answer to this is simple: get the best VPN for torrenting. Because if you are using a Torrent VPN, then you will not get caught. This is because FastestVPN encrypts all your data and hides your real IP address. Instead, it shows your VPN server IP to the websites that you visit. When your IP is hidden, you cannot be tracked by copyright agents even if they use a public torrent tracker. Thus, using FastestVPN is the safest way to torrent anonymously without getting caught.
Why You Need VPN for Torrenting?
It is wiser to be cautious than be regretful later. And when being wise comes with so many benefits to you, then why not? Using a torrent VPN that allows torrenting to comes with the benefit of fast speed and safety.
Torrenting is not illegal but copyright agents are always keeping an eye on the content being downloaded and the means used to do so. There have been cases where people have been caught for downloading copyrighted material wrongfully. For that reason, the person concerned has been liable to pay hefty fines and in extreme cases, there also have been jail time. This chunk is one of the major reasons why you need VPN for torrenting.
There are functions that a torrent VPN performs that makes torrenting secure for you. FastestVPN is the best VPN for torrenting which completely hide torrenting. It helps you escape from your ISP throttling your speed and retaining all your data. Listed are a few more features that support the statement.
- Upload/Download Super-Fast Speed
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 100% Torrent Anonymously
- Hide IP Address While Torrenting from ISP
- Beware of Malicious Torrents
- Strict No Data Logging Policy
- Encrypt Your Torrent Traffic
- Security Protocols
- NAT Firewall
- Port Forwarding
- Secure AES 256-bit Encryption
- DNS Leak Protection
- Kill Switch
Fastest VPN is a cheap and best VPN for torrenting making it pocket-friendly. An added feature beneficial to all users is that it is compatible with 20+ devices.
Is Torrenting Legal and Ethical?
Torrenting is not illegal anywhere around the world, neither is any torrent website. There are some loops though, steer clear of them and you’re on a legitimate path. It is a debatable topic, but what realistically makes sense is that if you follow the guidelines, it is legal and ethical.
It’s not illegal to download torrents or using torrent clients, as your downloads could be files that are not protected by copyright.However it would be considered illegal if you download copyrighted material without consent and the production company doesn’t receive any contribution that it is entitled to otherwise.
Your IP address is comprised of popular sites have listings of peers and seeders that they may have to submit if they are required to do so by copyright agents. Even though you may not intend to download content that has copyrights, it may not be in your knowledge as a peer that the content you’re seeding from is not legal. Chances of getting caught in such a situation are minute.
However, being preventive is always better than being sorry. There are two ways of doing so. One, you can disable seeding. This restricts your computer to upload files to a network of the torrent. The second is to use a torrent VPN to hide torrenting. This is deemed as the best way to cover yourself. Using torrent friendly VPN helps you connect your torrent clients to peers making your anonymous. BitTorrent VPN makes your connection is routed through a different IP address, making it secure for you.
Best VPN for Torrenting and P2P File Sharing
FastestVPN is studded with features that make it an excellent accessory for torrenting and P2P file sharing. For one, as a torrenteer, you would not want to compromise on speed. Thus you want the fastest VPN to come to your aid for P2P file sharing and torrenting with maximum anonymity, privacy and security.
- Unix-based P2P Optimized Servers
FastestVPN’s servers are optimized for P2P file sharing. It allows you to download files at high speeds without any hindrances.
- Malware Protection
Malware can damage your computer or the device you are using severely if it gets into it. This is a common issue when you are downloading files from the internet. You may not be aware that the file you have selected to download has been infected with malware. And when you click on it for download, subsequently it infects your computer through you only. FastestVPN has malware protection feature that restricts this from happening. If you are connected to the VPN, it blocks malware from entering into your system. This is one feature that makes.
- NAT Firewall
NAT Firewall blocks irrelevant data i.e. incoming traffic from the search queries that you send out. It provides an extra layer of security.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
FastestVPN connection doesn’t have any limitations on downloading files. It offers unlimited bandwidth which frees you to download as much content as you want.
- 20+ Device Compatibility
It is not known as the best VPN for torrenting for nothing. The VPN proves itself by being compatible with over 20+ devices that you can torrent with. Devices include Linux, Roku, Kodi, Router, etc.
- DNS Leak Protection
DNS leaks are a major threat when it comes to anonymity and privacy. FastestVPN stays true to its word and gives the right sense of security without leaking any private data.
- 20+ Device Compatibility.
- DNS Leak Protection.
Listed are clients who use VPN for torrenting very frequently.
Torrent Websites that you shouldn’t visit without a VPN
One list is not enough to cover websites that you shouldn’t visit without a VPN. This is because practically no torrent website should be accessed without a torrent VPN. There are many torrent websites that exist currently. If one takes taken down, they are mirrored more than often. This means that websites are recreated with different domains. Some websites are mirrored by copyright agents themselves who are trying to track torrents downloading content. They put up content and then trace whoever downloads it through their local IP.
It is not possible to be aware of which website is founded by copyright agents and which are authentic. Thus, as precautionary measures, you should always connect to a VPN so that you are shielded with ultimate privacy and security.
Popular torrent sites you shouldn’t use without a VPN (that too the best VPN for torrenting):
These sites have been mirrored over a period of time – same name different domain.
- Kickass Torrents: Founded in 2009 and exceeded Pirate Bay’s traffic.
- The Pirate Bay: The site goes online and gets taken off quite a few times. However, once it goes live again, it regains millions of followers successfully, almost immediately. It is definite though, that while the original website gets taken down, it does get mirrored by copyright agents.
- Extratorrent: Increasingly becoming one of the more renowned active torrent communities. Consequently, it is also gaining more traffic.
- Torrentz: It has been shut down, but there are different existing domains. Torrentz did not host any torrent files, but instead, it directs the user to other places on the web.
- Rarbg: This site is blocked by UK ISPs, which is more of a reason to use a VPN if you want access to this site.
- Torrent download: The site has been around for several years. Its spot is in the top 10 amongst the others and provides torrents to millions of users every month.
- Yify/Yts torrents: Yify/YTS is a popular choice for downloading HD movies in small file sizes. The quality offered in fantastic, and it’s what has earned YIFY/YTS a special place amongst torrent releases.
Other than security concerns, P2P file sharing is also restricted in many countries. 5 of such countries include the following:
- China: Where it comes to the government’s internet censorship, China is at the top of the list. China, on record, is the country with the most restricted internet in the world. Which is why, to access sites, content and to torrent, you definitely need a VPN.
- India: India implements laws and censors the internet strictly. Their laws include fines and arrests in case of violation of rights.
- UAE: UAE also follows a strict policy of censorship along with monitoring customers and throttling speed where needed. The citizens are required to pay hefty fines if caught going against laws set by them.
- UK: A few torrent websites are hosted in the UK. Other than that, the majority of the torrent sites are blocked in the UK as well.
- US: Regardless of the legality of the content being put up and downloaded by users via torrenting, ISPs in US throttle internet speed.
If I use a VPN while Downloading Torrents will I get caught?
The answer to this very common question depends on which VPN you use. If you use a free VPN, then you are definitely bound to get caught. This is because, for one, a free VPN retains all connection logs and use the data for monetary gains. They may (read: definitely) sell your data to third parties who then use it for advertisements and other research purposes.
No free VPNs can offer anonymity while downloading torrents. Other than data retention, this is also because they are not capable of hiding your real IP address and thus will not hide your internet activities from your ISP either. This, in turn, leads to your bandwidth being throttled with as your ISP is still able to monitor your data in certain cases.
If you’re looking to download torrents anonymously, you need a reliable and optimized torrent VPN. Practically, you should opt for FastestVPN as it does not maintain any data logs as per policy.
The best VPN for torrenting is a paid VPN. As a smart choice, you should opt for a paid VPN which will make sure that you get optimum speed, unlimited bandwidth, and maximum security so you do not get caught while torrenting. And if you are one of the preemptive ones, then you are already using paid VPN; in which case you are totally safe and will not get caught while torrenting.
What is Speed Throttling and why does it happen?
Do you sometimes feel that your internet slows down on certain websites or devices? In a gist, that’s what speed throttling is. It is when your Internet Service Provider discriminates against content and decides for itself which content you can see conveniently and slows down the speed for websites that it wants to discourage the surfing of.
If your internet connection is fast but your connection quality to a particular website, such as YouTube or any other streaming website, then it is definite that your internet service provider is intervening and slowing down internet speed when you connect to that particular site.
You can see ISP throttling in the form of:
- The slow speed of YouTube videos
- Slow downloading and uploading speed when using BitTorrent
- Videos taking the longest time to load and buffer on streaming video services
There are many reasons due to which an ISP would interfere to throttle your speed. It is used by internet service providers to minimize bandwidth congestion and regulate network traffic. For instance, a service is paying the ISP to provide high speed on their streaming website so the ISP would purposefully slow down speeds for competitor’s websites.
To avoid these unfair hindrances, connect to the VPN for torrenting – FastestVPN. A VPN masks your IP and your activities. This means that your ISP cannot track your browsing activities and is not aware of the websites you visit. This, in turn, means that your ISP cannot throttle with your speed if it doesn’t know which website you are on in the first place.
What is DMCA notice? What will happen if I get one?
DMCA is abbreviated for Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It is a copyright law and its core tool is DMCA takedown notice. It is when a copyright holder of any content gains knowledge of the violation of copyrighted data, downloading content through wrongful means, and sends a DMCA takedown notice to the host of the website through which content can be drawn by the user or to the ISP of the violator.
In most cases, the ISP issues it to the user as a warning. If the user takes the warning seriously then the story ends then and there. However, if the user overlooks the notice and continues following the same path, there are grave consequences. The minimal would be having to pay hefty fines. Though it can be accelerated and taken to the court or in extreme most cases the violator faces jail time.
Your activity is constantly being monitored and logged by ISPs and copyright agents. You can escape that by connecting to FastestVPN so that all your internet traffic is encrypted and passes through a tunnel making it untraceable.
Few pieces of information that a DMCA notice must contain:
- Your signature (given you are the copyright holder or authorized to act in place of the holder)
- Identification of infringed work
- Identification of infringed material wished to be taken down or blocked
- Communication details for OSP to contact you (address, phone number, and email address). Best practice is to include all
- A statement declaring “a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
- A statement stating “the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
How do I Torrent using a VPN?
If you are wondering how to hide IP address when downloading a torrent, top choice should be via best VPN for torrenting. There are multiple other options when it comes to hiding your torrenting activity, but a VPN is by far the most convenient and easiest to set up.
When you download/seed a torrent, you are connected to a circle with other people (swarm). Your computer’s IP address is exposed to all the people in the bunch. This comes in handy when sharing files over the internet but file sharers are not the only ones paying attention to your downloading patterns and your IP. There are piracy monitoring groups who are also in your case. They also join torrent swarms for the purpose of logging IP addresses of the people in the swarm. This way they can easily notify the respective ISPs of the users’ doings. More than often they are paid for doing this by the entertainment industry.
A VPN funnels traffic through another server. This way the swarm you are a part of will show an IP from that server instead of your original one. This throws off the anti-piracy groups and they are unable to contact your ISP thus your ISP has no grounds to send a harrowing letter your way.
It is a possibility, however, that the piracy group can reach out to the VPN service and acquire their logs to find out what you are downloading. If you are connecting to a free VPN, this can definitely happen. But if you opt for a truly reliable paid VPN service, such as FastestVPN, this shall not be the case. This is because FastestVPN does not maintain any logs. If we don’t keep logs, there is no trail of activity that leads back to you. The VPN for torrenting keeps no evidence, thus, no case.
When connected to a VPN, all that is visible to the piracy groups is the VPN service sharing a file and all that your ISP can view are you connected to a VPN.
You can use FastestVPN to torrent on different platforms such as Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac. Taking precautionary measures, firstly you will need to connect to FastestVPN regardless of which platform you choose.
Connection to FastestVPN is easy and just clicks away.
To connect to FastestVPN you need to:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Go to fastestvpn.com/buy-vpn
- Select a pricing plan that you deem best for you (Monthly, Yearly, Biannually or 5 Year)
- Punch in your details
- Choose a payment method (Credit Card, PayPal, Bitcoin, AliPay)
- Confirm your order
- After subscription, your credentials will be sent to you to the email address provided by you
- Download the FastestVPN app for your device or configure it manually on over 20+ compatible devices (Linux, Router etc)
- Put in credentials sent to you
- Sign in
- Select a protocol
- Select any country from the list
- Click connect
- Your IP has now been masked and you are connected to a secure network
Torrenting on Windows using a VPN
After connecting to the Windows VPN app, you need to do the following
- Download a Torrent client. Most popularly used are BitTorrent and uTorrent
- Go to browser and search for the file you are looking for on a torrent site
- Download the file and open it on uTorrent or any other torrent client you have downloaded
- It may ask you the path once and you can set your downloaded torrent client as default
- Alternatively, you can also open the torrent client (uTorrent) and search for the file in the search bar and download it directly
Note: Stop third parties and prying eyes from gaining access of your data and location and become anonymous with FastestVPN
Torrenting on iOS using a VPN
To torrent on your iOS device, there are 2 methods you can choose from. But before you choose any of the following methods, it is important to remember that first and foremost you need to be connected to FastestVPN. The guide is for iPhone and iPad without jailbreak and can be used on all versions of iOS.
The first method of torrenting on iOS is through torrent clients. The second method requires you to rely on third-party web-based services.
Method 1: Torrent Clients – ITransmission
To download torrent without Jailbreak you first need a download manager installed on your device. Torrent clients can be downloaded from the App Store. The best options out there are idownloader and ITransmission. ITransmission is the built-in BitTorrent client for iOS devices.
You can use iTransmission client for free but it is better to use a paid one as you may face some unconventional problems with the free version. Thus it is better to pay a yearly subscription fee and get your iOS device registered on BuildStore. BuildStore will redirect you and require you to sign up for your account on the website.
After sign-up, the following are the steps in a gist:
- Registering your iPhone or iPad
- Browse through Safari and open your favorite torrent website
- Navigate to iTransmission App Page
- Hit the Install Button
- Once iTransmission torrent client is downloaded, download and transfer your torrent files freely with anybody
- To transfer files from iPhone via iTransmission; open iTransmission website
- Tap on the Add button (bottom left) to add a new torrent
- Select your source of the torrent that you want to download (you can choose Web: if you want to download torrents, Magnet Link: if you already have a magnet link for torrent download or URL: if you have a direct link for a torrent file)
- Once the file is in a queue, wait for it to download (NOTE: Do not disconnect or close your torrent file during download to avoid disruptions)
- After the file is downloaded, you have the control of the file and have now become a seeder of that file
- Tap on the file to get full details from the details screen
- From details, screen go to More and select Files to save the individual in the desired location
Method 2: Web-Based Services
If you don’t have to necessarily use torrent clients to download torrent files. Consider torrents as any other downloadable files if you don’t want to or don’t know how to use torrent clients.
Use HTTP browser to download torrents. There are many cloud storage services that are available for facilitation of fast torrent downloading. We recommend using Documents App as the download manager. You can download this easily from the App Store.
- Launch Documents App after downloading it from the App Store
- Drag browser slider (bottom right corner)
- Navigate to the search box and type name of the torrent file you are seeking for
- Copy Magnet Link
- Open Zbigz website
- Paste it into the input field
- Tap the Go button
- Downloading will start on Zbigz servers
- Once the download is complete, click on the links generated and download desired torrent files
- Keep track of the files downloaded in the downloads folder and share these files with anyone you want
Before going through the steps above, you should remember to connect to any torrent VPN, that has you convinced for being the best VPN for torrenting, so that you can torrent anonymously.
Torrenting on Android using a VPN
- Download and connect to FastestVPN Android app
- From Google Play Store download a torrent client (uTorrent is most downloaded)
- Open the app and search for the torrent file you want to download
- Select download
- The download will start and torrent will automatically be saved to Downloads folder by default
Torrenting on Mac using a VPN
- Firstly, connect to FastestVPN app for Mac.
- Download a torrent client. We have this guide for uTorrent that can be downloaded at www.utorrent.com
- When a download is complete, double-click on uTorrent.dmg file to unzip
- Drag uTorrent into the Applications folder
- Launch uTorrent
- Visit the trusted torrent websites
- Type in the search bar the name of the torrent you want – make sure it is specific otherwise you will also get irrelevant and random results.
- Choose the torrent you want to download. Pay close attention to file size when downloading as the bigger the files, the longer they take to download through the quality is better. If you are unsure of which file to pick, select the one with most seeds. The more the seeders, the faster a file will download. Another thing you need to consider is the file type you want to download such as mP4, avi, mkv, etc.
- Download the torrent by clicking the magnet or link suggesting ‘Get This Torrent’. Do not press ‘download’, ‘download directly’, or ‘magnet download’ as that will send unwanted pop-ups and redirections your way. After your download is complete, even then uTorrent will upload the file to other users of a uTorrent network. To stop this you can either remove the file from uTorrent or quit uTorrent
- Next, uTorrent will automatically open the link/file or you will be asked to select a path where you can set uTorrent as default
- Click the completed tab on the left and find your downloaded file. Open the file by pressing the magnifying glass
You can now enjoy your torrenting on Mac on your preferred media player for the downloaded file.
Tips for Torrenting:
- Torrenting is deemed illegal in many countries thus you should ALWAYS be connected to a paid VPN, that doesn’t keep logs, to be safe and secure. If you torrent otherwise, without a torrent VPN, you can get caught and face serious consequences! Optimize torrent downloading and make torrent transfers anonymous with FastestVPN’s P2P optimized servers.
- Before downloading a torrent, check seeders and leechers on the torrent. More leechers indicate slower download whereas more seeders mean faster download.
- Be sure to check that the file uploaded is by a trusted uploader. They have colored skulls beside their name that shows their authenticity. Green Skull is VIP, Pink Skull is for Trusted and Blue Skull is for Helper. Green is better than pink, pink better than blue and blue better than none. Moderator has a mod icon and a normal user has no skull next to their name.
Popular Torrent Websites
- The Pirate Bay
Be sure to be connected to the VPN for torrenting prior to visiting the given websites.
What is P2P File Sharing?
Peer-to-peer (P2P) is a file sharing process of digital media through P2P network technology. It allows users to have the access to large files like movies, music, books, and games. This is enabled through P2P software program searching for connected PCs on the P2P network to trace the content wanted.
This act of file sharing through the P2P network is not illegal. On the contrary, these networks are used for authentic reasonable purposes. Legal issues occur in file sharing when laws of copyrighted materials are violated. The question of the legality of file sharing often arises on the sole basis of copyrighted material. However, to avoid this conflict you can use the best VPN for p2p that we have designed for you.
Not all VPNs providers enable torrenting. There needs to be a careful selection of a VPN service provider so that you shortlist the best VPN for torrenting that allows secure torrenting anonymously with strong encryption. FastestVPN is best for such purposes as:
- It fully supports Torrent Clients across all of VPN network.
- It has a stringent policy of maintaining no logs.
- Our VPN servers are dedicated servers with faster uplinks.
- It uses great encryption on all protocols.
- Its custom software includes built-in IP/DNS leak protection.
- It has Unix based P2P optimized servers for torrenting.
What is a Torrent Tracker?
A Torrent Tracker is a server that is differentiated from others as its function is to facilitate communication between peers who use the BitTorrent protocol. In a P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing system, the tracker server keeps a track of the file copies and where they exist on peer machines. It also helps to coordinate efficiency of transmission and assemblage of copied files. Clients who have already begun to download a file, connect with the tracker to have the files transferred faster via new peers. After the original peer-to-peer file download is started, the P2P communication can endure without the connection link to a tracker. The trackers are used for speedy discovery of a peer.
There are trackers of two sorts.
- Public trackers
Public trackers are open trackers that can be used by anyone. Tracking address needs to be added to an existing torrent and they are made available to use.
- Private trackers
Private trackers are BitTorrent trackers that require the users to register with the site which limits their use. This is an invitation system where active members who are contributing are able to grant access to a new user to register. Otherwise, the new user undergoes an invitation process to register.
You may want to elude the situation so you don’t get caught up in it by uploading anonymous torrent through our torrent VPN. Fastest VPN has the best VPN service for torrenting that hides IP address while torrenting from ISP.
Torrent using a VPN vs Torrent using a Proxy
While proxy and VPN both are a solution to similar problems, VPN is preferably recommended over proxy. This is because while proxy too lets you access geo-restricted content, it does not secure your internet activity which means you are still exposed. The proxy can only secure your web browser, whereas VPN secures 100% of your internet activity with encrypted tunneling. VPN replaces your local ISP for all applications whereas proxy only changes the DNS so that blocked content can be accessed. With a VPN covering you wholly and keeping all your activity anonymous, you can comfortably enjoy secure browsing regardless of your location.
Torrenting can be done via a proxy and a torrent VPN both. Both have almost the same functions as a VPN is preferred.
FastestVPN has distinct advantages when used for torrents, that make it a better option over a proxy:
- One-time installation and easy setup
- Encrypts your entire connection including all of the web browsing
- Higher grade encryption
- NAT Firewall
- Ad Blocker
FastestVPN reroutes all your internet traffic and not just BitTorrent, but a proxy only reroutes your BitTorrent traffic. This is one major reason as to why fastest VPN is preferred for torrenting over a proxy as it gives you privacy all over the web. This is useful for users because it means that visits to torrent tracker sites will also be anonymous. There is no downside of that!
FastestVPN also offers higher grade encryption as compared to a proxy which secures your connection on public networks.
FastestVPN also offers extra functionality to plug security leaks that proxies don’t have. This is necessary if you are torrenting, especially if you land upon a mirrored website set up to as a trap just for you.
Adding so much information to your knowledge bank regarding the difference between VPN and proxy, you should definitely opt for a torrent VPN when it comes to torrenting. It makes it an easy choice especially when VPNs and proxies are priced almost the same except the fact that FastestVPN gives you better speeds and security when compared to a proxy service.
|Works with phones and tablets|| |
|Protects from phishing threats|| |
|Encrypts your activity|| |
|High-speed browsing|| |
|Regular virtual location changes|| |
|Hides your location|| |
|Hides your identity from hackers/snoopers|| |
Torrenting with a VPN vs torrenting with a Seedbox – which one is better?
Living in the age of copyright spies and notices, wicked internet service providers and repressive dictatorship-like governments; a security tool is definitely required while surfing the internet – torrenting or not.
Even though it is now becoming significantly important to be connected to a VPN when browsing the internet, many still don’t feel the need to do so. However, it is absolutely imperative that you connect to a VPN for a secure and private connection while you download and upload torrents. This is because torrenting in many countries is deemed illegal and so to avoid hefty fines and jail time, a VPN connection, which is best VPN for torrenting, is a necessity if you are a torrenteer.
This is because copyright holders have gone to extreme lengths and continue doing so to track ISPs down and obtain their IP addresses and geographic locations of the service users. To overcome these problems, there are 2 alternatives for P2P file sharing.
The question that beckons is that is VPN the only solution? Or can seedbox be an alternative? Many wonders which option is better – torrent VPN or seedbox? Let’s get to the depth of this.
A seedbox is a security tool to download torrents just like a VPN. Simply put, it is a server located in a specific location that allows downloads of torrents at high speeds, safely. It is a dedicated server connected to high-speed internet. A seedbox can be accessed to queue files and download them directly on your PC. The benefit of a seedbox is that none of the torrent traffic comes to your home network and your P2P files/torrents can be controlled from anywhere. The downside is that if these servers are seized by copyright agents or government, then any download in the process is lost.
How to use a seedbox:
Seedbox has an interface like a torrent that you log in to load torrent URLs and files. Once it has downloaded on a seedbox, you will need to download it through FTP; that is a network protocol to transfer files between client and server. There are a few seedbox vendors that let you download files from an HTTP file browser too.
A VPN is a virtual private network which everyone is aware of. What most people don’t know is the many additional features and functionality provided by FastestVPN. It encrypts all of your browsing activities but other than that FastestVPN is also optimized for P2P file sharing. It is definitely more secure than a seedbox because of its connectivity mechanism.
How to connect to FastestVPN:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Download the app for your device or configure it manually on any other platform
- Put in your credentials as sent to you via email
- Select Protocol
- Select Country
- Hit “Connect“.
How to Determine which one is better – VPN or Seedbox?
A seedbox can be helpful if you like using private torrent trackers since a seedbox that is powerful can help you maintain the upload and download ratio. However, a seedbox still requires you to download files directly to the computer thus FastestVPN is a much-simplified solution for torrenting.
You can download files with FastestVPN without the hassle of extra steps and private tracker involvement. FastestVPN also barely has any impact on download speeds as it is optimized for P2P file sharing offering unlimited bandwidth along with it.
It is also recommended to use the VPN for torrenting with a seedbox anyway for higher security which is clear indication that seedbox alone is not secure enough. You can settle the debate by reviewing and comparing pros and cons of each service.
VPN for Torrent Pros and Cons
- Can connect to multiple servers
- Masks your IP and keeps identity anonymous
- Protects from online surveillance
- Offers additional beneficial features such as NAT Firewall, Malware Protection, Ad Blocker
- Bypasses geo-restrictions and internet censorships
- Protects your entire internet traffic even while browsing the web
- Economical in monetary terms compared to other security tools
- Cheaper than seedbox services
- Subscription process may seem complex or long to some users
Seedbox for Torrent Pros and Cons
- Fast speed
- Keeps you out of torrent download/upload loop
- Keeps identity safe
- Encrypted file transfer offered using HTTP
- Expensively priced
- Does not protect your entire internet traffic; while you surf the internet
- Does not protect identity while surfing the web
- Regional accessibility is limited due to one dedicated server offered by seedbox
- All downloads and files are lost upon seizure of Seedbox
How to check if I am protected using a VPN for torrent?
After connecting to a VPN, you should always check if it is properly protecting you or not before proceeding with torrenting or any other web activity. Connection to a VPN may or may not be complex. But the question is, how do you check if you are protected while connected to a VPN?
A VPN secures your entire internet connection. Once you are connected, you should have the assurance that any query is not leaked from your real computer’s IP to identify you.
There are many tools online to check if your VPN is working and securing you while torrenting.
- P2P Torrent IP Address Test
ipleak.net – With torrenting becoming common by the day, it is very imperative that you ensure beforehand whether security is activated and working. ipleak.net offers services that give you torrent IP check test. Download the test.torrent file on your P2P client and after you have downloaded it, you can open it to verify the IP information it holds. If it contains your real address, it is obvious you’re not secure. Otherwise, with high security provided by the VPN for torrenting, it should only be able to track information that the VPN opts to be shown.
- IP Address Test
This is generally the first test that should be run when connected to a VPN but if your use is torrent specific, we recommend the above test to be run first. The location shown on the map should not be your actual location and instead, it should show your VPN provider’s server location.
- Two websites that run IP address tests are:
- Com – Simply checks your IP address by providing you a map location estimate of where you are situated. It should show your dummy IP location i.e. one of your VPN servers. If it matches with your real IP and location, it is certain that you are not protected.
- Net/extended – This runs an extended test and provides an extensive report of your connection information that is available for tracking. This is the test that really counts as it checks your Java, Flash, and DNS.
- Two websites that run IP address tests are:
- DNS Leak Test
Dnsleaktest.com facilitates in verification of whether you have a DNS leak issue with the VPN service or not. To check if you are free of this issue, connect to the VPN and head over to the site to start the test. After running the test, you will be provided with IP addresses, DNS hostnames, ISP location and ISP service. If it does not match your real country and IP location, your DNS is not leaked.
Avoid Leaks – Stay Secure
If you are shown leaks after running the test, you should troubleshoot to eliminate any mistakes or mishaps.
DNS leaks are common. But for adequate protection, start off by subscribing to a reputable and dependable VPN service provider such as FastestVPN.
When you have an IP address leak, you should double check to see if you are successfully connected to the VPN when running the test.
During an extended IP test, if Flash or Java are leaking, run the test again by following the same process, checking connection and relaunching it. In case of persistent leak results, change your connection because you have poor protection while surfing the web.
IP leaks and DNS leaks defeat the initial purpose of connecting to a VPN because it means that all of your data is not being encrypted. Privacy is the priority. Testing only takes a few minutes, so make sure you run a few tests before you start downloading torrent files or surfing the web.
Avoid free VPNs For Torrenting
Using a free VPN to torrent is good for nothing. If you are thinking of using a free VPN for torrenting, might as well not use a VPN at all. Free VPN for torrenting will degrade your privacy instead of actually improving it.
The first reason for this is that due to the requirement of large bandwidths, the free VPN services do not allow P2P activity.
Now as per anonymity is concerned, there are VPN services that keep your logs, inject tracking cookies in the browser you use, carry malware payloads or even insert annoying ads on the web pages for their own gains. If this is not a reason solid enough to get a paid VPN for torrenting, then what is.
Then there are others that are not secure while others have data caps which doesn’t fulfill the purpose entirely either. There are many VPN services that are reputable and may be reliable free VPN for torrenting too but the catch is that they have the limited speed or data caps which automatically takes them off the list for being ideal for torrenting.
A free VPN service doesn’t allow you to select the server location of your choice, let alone allowing service switches.
Even if the VPN service claims to give fast speed, it may be true only until the freeloaders hog the servers which will automatically bring the speed down. Due to all these reasons, it is definitely advised to get a paid and reliable VPN which will then serve as the best VPN for torrenting.
What’s the difference between BitTorrent and uTorrent? How does a VPN work with them?
Both, BitTorrent and uTorrent are mainstream P2P file-sharing clients. What differs is their features and functionality variations. That being said, there are still torrenteers who want to make a choice between the two based on stability, safety and usability.
To understand the notion behind uTorrent and BitTorrent, we will go through both the torrent clients in detail.
In terms of looks, both uTorrent and BitTorrent have the same interface. The menu on the left features options that are handy and also shows the latest torrent recommendations of movies offered by either of the two clients. What’s different here is the download section having different layouts for both the clients.
Another thing is that bodes well for BitTorrent is that it is free of third-party advertisements. uTorrent, on the other hand, is crammed with scam ads. So if you are to use uTorrent, be primed to have pop-ups flash on your screen every now and then.
Other than looks and appearance, there is a detectable obvious difference among the service features of BitTorrent and uTorrent. Judging is based on performance, BitTorrent is researched to be remarkably faster than uTorrent. The difference is said to be caused by continuous third-party advertisements popping up on uTorrent.
Users of Mac OSX enjoy downloading thousands of torrents through both torrent clients. However, BitTorrent is preferred over uTorrent as BitTorrent allows MAC OSX users to download multiple files together at one time whereas uTorrent queues downloads till one download completes.
For tablets and phones, both are the one-stop solution or premium entertainment.
We have a table to graphically distinguish differences for BitTorrent and uTorrent:
|History||Developed by Bram Cohen and first executed in July 2001||Serge Paquet proposed the idea to Ludvi Strigeus and released to the public in September 2005|
|Operating System||Mac OSX and Windows||Linux/UNIX, Mac OSX and Windows|
|Platform||Desktop and Mobile||Mobile, Online, and Desktop|
|Versions||Advancement is slow and only release stable forms ignoring the alpha and beta variants||Advancement is quick and alpha and beta versions are accessible which means you are on the edge of improvement|
|Searching||Search box integrated that permits the client to find torrent files||Search box inside their framework needs to be modified to align with your needs|
|Downloading||Can download different files at the same definite time||Can only download a single file at one time while other files are queued|
|Language||Accessible in 65 different languages||Accessible in 66 different languages|
|Written In||C++ (6.0 and above) and Python (5.3 and above)||C++|
In quite a few regards, it is concluded that BitTorrent has an edge over uTorrent on all devices (especially when it comes to advertisements, downloading and speed performance). Connect to the VPN for torrenting and run it with a torrent client you prefer for maximum anonymity.
Can Comcast still track my torrent downloading even if I am using a torrent VPN?
FastestVPN encrypts all your data with 256-bit AES encryption. This means your data packets are broken into bits that require 2256 combinations to break – which by far is impossible.
Thus, Comcast cannot see the contents of the packets as it is illegal to decrypt traffic. Your actual IP is also moved from Comcast to that of a VPN provider which means that Comcast will only hold information of the VPN server you are connected to. They have no information beyond that as all traffic goes to the VPN server.
Even if you are using a Torrent app that uses random ports, Comcast can only have access to packet encapsulation that still does not give them an idea of what is going on.
Which means you are secure in all aspects while torrenting connected to a VPN.
Going through the torrenting process in detail clarifies how vitally important a torrent VPN connection is while torrenting.
FastestVPN has an edge over others for numerous reasons. First and foremost it has anti-malware offered free without any additional costs. Torrenting is risky if the user is not careful. When downloading torrents, you give malware a gateway to enter your computer. Torrenting gives an open invitation to viruses and spyware to corrupt your computer. FastestVPN provides malware protection which means it is not only a VPN for privacy but also for security.
Get a paid fastest VPN that does not keep any logs. It is most important that you make sure your VPN provider does not maintain logs. Because if they do, you may escape your Internet Service Provider, but your VPN service provider can give all your data to authorities if asked which will get you in trouble.
FastestVPN is excellent for torrenting with its UNIX based P2P optimized servers for file sharing. With unlimited bandwidth and high speed, FastestVPN is the best VPN for torrenting offering a complete package.